Thursday, February 8, 2007

Week of Feb. 4th, 2007

Sunday was the ""Meca" of pro-football. The excitement-the utter importance of each play-the sheer energy of the players outdone only by the energy pouring forth from the spectators---All of this because a few men are fighting over a Damn Ball. I simply don't get it. I fear that almost makes me unAmerican!!

My father played football for UT Knoxville in the early 20's. Consequently I am more than accustomed to people gathering to watch football. My out [yet in] has always been to retreat to the kitchen and prepare food. I did this in High School and I do this now. Some things do not change. On the other side I can go to a high school or college game and enjoy every minute. The school spirit, the band, the fall smell in the air, socializing with friends make a football game a grand time. Nothing makes a football game more than its band. Do these games on TV even have bands??? If so where do they hide them?? Behind the studios where they have pre-game talk, half-time talk and after-game talk and talk and talk and talk by retired players no less------I miss the bands and the spirit of the game that they help create.
Do you??

1 comment:

roseofjune said...

Jenny Lee, I love it! I do feel the same about real vs. televised games! Remember the old BHHS games? I rember the old Memphis State games, too! Good luck with blog! I'll look forward to reading you! June